We Protect Your Information
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of your information, including Personal Information, very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable legal standards to secure such information from unauthorized access and use, alteration and destruction. We hold our employees accountable for complying with relevant policies, procedures, rules and regulations concerning the privacy and confidentiality of Personal Information.
Types of Information Collected
HOF collects any information that you provide us when you use our Web Site. By default, you visit our Web Site anonymously. When visiting our Web Site, we do collect technical information about your visit such as the type of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox), the length of visit, as well as the pages viewed and a host of other similar information.
While you can visit most pages on our Web Site without giving us any information about yourself (i.e., name, email address, and contact information), there are instances where you can choose to provide us with your Personal Information (e.g., when you request a brochure, enter a sweepstakes, submit inquiries to us or in order to receive news, special offers and general information about our services and events that are similar to those that you have already purchased or inquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information).
We use the information we collect and receive from you to provide you with requested services, to communicate with you, and to fulfill your specific requests. For example, we use e-mail addresses to communicate with you regarding transactions between us or your customer relationship with us. We may also use your e-mail to share information about HOF products and services that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving such promotional messages from us at any time. For additional information regarding opt-outs, please refer to the “Your Choices” section below. Your Personal Information is not used for other purposes, unless we obtain your consent, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law or professional standards. Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is necessary for our legitimate business interests.
We do employ third parties who act on our behalf to help us manage and analyze this data but they are required to keep this data confidential. They also can only use the information for the specific services we ask them to perform and they must inform us of any theft of it.
Who Will Your Personal Information Be Shared With?
Personal Information collected on the website may be shared with:
- Employees internally within HOF, including with members of the Human Resources department and IT staff if access to the information is necessary for the performance of their duties at HOF.
- Service providers and other third parties under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, email delivery, marketing communications, bill collection, payment processing and site analytics and operations).
- Government or law enforcement agencies in order to respond to lawful requests, including where disclosure is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations.
- Affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Our parent company, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies under common control with us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, provide information on a social media site, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
If you have opted-in to receive e-mail from HOF, we may send you periodic e-mails. Similarly, if you have opted-in to receive direct mail, we may send you periodic direct mail, such as catalogues. If you would no longer like to receive e-mail or direct mail from HOF, please refer to the “Your Choices” section below.
How Do We Protect Personal Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information and protect against loss, theft, or any unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep such information confidential.
HOF has internal policies and controls in place in an effort to ensure that your information is not lost, stolen, accidentally destroyed, misused, copied, modified, or disclosed, and is not accessed except by its employees in the performance of their duties for HOF. Personal Information may be stored in a variety of different storage locations, including in HOF’s servers and IT systems (including HOF’s email system).
Where HOF engages third parties to process Personal Information on its behalf, your Personal Information is provided to the third parties pursuant to written contracts, which obligate them to implement appropriate technical safeguards to maintain the security of the information in an effort to ensure that your Personal Information is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed.
HOF retains Personal Information for the duration of the customer’s business relationship with HOF. For more information on where and how long your Personal Information is stored, and for more information on your rights to be forgotten/of erasure, please contact us at email@example.com.
Will HOF Transfer My Personal Information Across Borders?
Do We Use “Cookies”?
Yes. “Cookies” are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. For instance, we use “cookies” to help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services. We also use “cookies” to help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitor. These service providers are not permitted to sell the information collected on our behalf except to help HOF conduct and improve its business. The companies use “cookies” to gather anonymous data about our visitors on behalf of HOF. They do not collect Personal Information like e-mail, credit card number, phone number, or name.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a “cookie” is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer or Mozilla) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your “cookie” settings. If you turn off “cookies,” you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Do We Disclose the Information We Collect to Outside Parties?
Social Media Platforms
You can opt-out of receiving marketing-related e-mails by clicking on the “safe unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our e-mails. Alternatively, to modify or delete entirely the information you have provided during registration, including your e-mail subscriptions, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your first and last name and e-mail address in the message box.
If you opt-in for particular services or communications, you will be able to unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions included in each communication.
Please note, if you have opted-out to receive e-mail, due to production schedules you may receive communications already in progress. Also, if you request your registration information be deleted or you opt-out of other communications, we may maintain information about an individual service inquiry for future service and record keeping purposes.
You have a number of rights with respect to your Personal Information collected by HOF. Specifically, you have the right to:
- Right to Know/Access:
- You have the right to know the Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose about you. You have the right to request in writing from us a copy of the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected that information, why we collected that information about you, the categories of third parties with whom we share your Personal Information, the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose, and the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. To request a copy of such disclosure in a readily useable format, please contact HOF via the email or mailing address provided below.
- Right to Rectification:
- You have the right to require HOF to update incorrect or incomplete Personal Information. To request rectification of incorrect or incomplete Personal Information, please contact HOF via the email or mailing address provided below.
- Right to Deletion:
- You have the right to require HOF to delete or stop processing your Personal Information, for example where the information is no longer necessary for business purposes.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Your Personal Information:
- You have the right to opt-out of having your Personal Information sold. As noted above, HOF does not sell Personal Information to third parties.
- Right to Object:
- You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information where HOF is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
- Right to Non-Discrimination:
- HOF will not discriminate against those who exercise their Rights. Specifically, if you exercise your Rights, we will not deny you goods or Services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or Services or provide you a different level or quality of goods or Services.
If you have any questions relating to the information collected by HOF or to exercise any of the rights listed above, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Chief Privacy Officer
99 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02110
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding your Personal Information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please see the California Privacy Notice.
What If You Do Not Provide Personal Information?
The Personal Information you provide is being used for legitimate business interests. If you do not provide the information requested, we may be unable to process your requests.
Children's Online Privacy
HOF understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. It is our policy never to knowingly collect or maintain information about children under 13 years. We ask that children under the age of 13 years do not submit information to us without the consent of a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us please contact us at email@example.com. A parent or guardian of a child under age 13 may review and request deletion of the child’s Personal Information.
Online Policy Only
Changes to this Policy
Links to Other Websites
Questions and Comments
Last Updated: October 8, 2021